Cinnamon Baked Apples
A yummy, warming dessert – perfect for winter! Service with ice-cream, custard or crumble on top!
- 3-4 large apples, peeled and cored, about 6 cups
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 TB cold butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish and set aside.
- Cut the apples into ½ inch chunks. In a small bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined and apples are evenly coated. Pour the apple mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the butter cubes over the top of the apples and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and stir.
- Serve hot with ice cream and caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy!